Outdoor physical activities can bring a lot of advantages to your health such as: absorbing pure and fresh air, releasing stress, absorbing natural vitamin D that makes your bones stronger and helps you reduce risks of obesity. One thing interesting is that you can play outdoor sports everywhere and anytime without paying fees. However, if your activities take place where is not suitable, you can catch dangerous diseases. This article will give you the facts of outdoor sports disadvantages and then give you advices for where and when is suitable for outdoor activities.
- Unknowns about outdoor sports
The fact is that we are surrounded by environmental pollution and noise. The pollution level is alarming. The main cause to the pollution is the emission of gas, fumes from densely populated zones, mainly from transportation activities especially motorbikes. According to the statistics, in one big city in Asia, there are around five hundred thousand cars and more than 4.5 million motorbikes of all types, in addition to about 60 thousand vehicles from other places moving from and to the city. You can imagine how much toxic fume is released from those means of transport. Apart from this, the toxic gas from industrial factories makes a considerable contribution to the air pollution.
As a consequence, the polluted air has an undesirable influence on the old’ and the young’ health, which makes our lungs deteriorate, increases the risk of lung cancer, myocardial infarction, sudden stroke and hypertension. Living in such contaminated environment for a long time will stimulate aging process and lead to impaired lung function and reduce life expectancy. In addition to this, air pollution has adverse impact on the health of pregnant women, the elderly, children and people who are living with diseases.
All of our outdoor activities are related to breathing and the heartbeat. When we practice daily, our breathing will be better to absorb the air. A healthy man when playing outdoor sports will breathe as seven times as when he relaxes. Children at the age of 6 – 13 when doing outdoor activities will breathe as 5 times as when they relax.
The longer the physical activities take place, the longer the breath is. We will breathe through our mouth instead of breathing through our noses so the mechanism of our noses filtering pollutants loses its function. Children will breathe more pollutant than adults. Therefore, the amount of pollutant absorbed into the lungs of children doubles. If we play outdoors, our lung will deteriorate and our breathing system will be worsened.
This is the bad effect of the environment to our health while we are playing outdoor sports. Hence, it is necessary to know where is suitable for practicing and when we should do outdoor exercises.
Where and when to play outdoor sports
- Do not play outdoor sports where is polluted heavily such as the busiest roads at rush hours (8 – 9 gram dust), places near industrial zones.
- Should do outdoor activities where there are a lot of green trees like along two sides of the river, parks or quiet resident areas.
- The time for outdoor practice is before 7 am and after 8 pm for the best effectiveness. At this time, the level of pollution is reduced to the lowest and the temperature reduces, too.
- If you cannot practice at such ideal time frames, you can practice at other time but avoid rush hours on the grounds that there will be a huge amount of dust and pollutant.
- When there appear symptoms like cough, chest pain, difficult breathing… you should stop practicing, visit the doctor and take notice of your diet.
- If you live in places where are polluted and you do not have favorable conditions to play outdoor sports, you can practice in your house as long as your house is clean.
- Golden rules of outdoor sports players
Playing outdoor sports always have certain rules, following which will help you improve your health and effectiveness of your practicing.
- Appropriate diet
If you want you are strong enough to do exercises, you should have a certain nutrition diet balanced and diverse. Remember that drinking milk is good for bones and teeth; meat, fish, egg and vegetable provide necessary protein. Repetition helps you achieve success. It is the best for you to have 4 meals a day. The breakfast is extremely important but often is missed. It is advisable to get up earlier to prepare for yourself a tasty breakfast.
Food varies in the nutrition provided for our bodies. Calories measure the energy amount in the food. For example, a café spoon of sugar supplies 20 calories while running for an hour consumers about 780 calories. The demand for the amount of calories a day is estimated as follows:
- From 7 – 9 years old: 1830 – 2190 calories
- From 10 – 12 years old: 2600 calories (men) and 2350 calories (women)
- From 13 – 15 years old: 2600 – 2900 calories and 2350 – 2490 calories for men and women respectively
- Adults: 2400 – 2700 calories (men) and 2000 – 2400 calories (women)
Do not forget to drink water. Water accounts for 80 percent in each body. You lose at least 2.5l water so you should replenish an equivalent amount. Food also provides water. Hence, you need to drink 1.5l water per day although you are not thirsty.
Here are some advices for you. Hope that you will play outdoor sports every day and pay attention to your health.